I genuinely believe that many people have good intentions within this industry, so why have we gotten to this point where many people have lost trust in coaches, programs, and courses? Today, I intend to open up the conversation about having a bad experience with coaches or services providers who didn’t meet expectations. I will discuss this from two perspectives, both as a seller and a buyer.
This is not a bitch fest but simply an open discussion that I hope will lead to improvement within the industry. I will reflect on three different areas; what’s contributed to people getting burned, the impact this has had on the industry, and what we need to do to move forward.
In this episode, we cover…
- The industry ‘hierarchy’- don’t buy into it
- Industry secrets, do they exist?
- The downside about this industry getting busier
- The attraction to coaching
- The issue with pricing in an unregulated industry
“I’m not claiming I’m perfect. But from day one, I will say on this point alone. Everywhere I’ve like traveled, I’ve tried to make an effort to meet people in this space. Like I don’t see myself as better than any single one of my clients because I’ve made more money.”
“This space has grown bigger, I mean, like more people than ever before. And faster than ever before, I would say, especially in the past year. There is still plenty of room. I genuinely believe this is only the beginning. But I also think that this like fast, and mass amount of growth has contributed to people getting burned specifically, you know, whether out of good or bad intentions, there became more and more marketing more and more noise, making it like harder in a process to distinguish the difference among everyone in the space that you may be as a consumer are considering hiring.”
Thanks for listening, and if you like what you’ve heard, feel free to share this episode with your friends! There are so many amazing women waiting to discover the Laptop Lifestyle, and I’d love you to help me spread the word.
Don’t forget to screenshot this episode and share it on your Insta stories to win a free
coaching call with me!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Head over to AmandaKolbye.com for more business tips and resources for the traveling entrepreneurs.
- Subscribe and Listen to The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast
- Review the Laptop Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- The Laptop Lifestyle Bootcamp is opening soon for enrollment! Get on the waitlist right here!
- Find my latest youtube videos HERE
- Check out The Content Kit Mini-Course to get my foolproof system for creating, storing, and organizing your content so you can stop feeling overwhelmed!
- The Instagram Business Blueprint is a great tool for advanced Instagram marketing and sales if you’re ready to level up your IG game!
- Join the retreat Waitlist
LISTEN TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF THE LAPTOP LIFESTYLE PODCAST!