No matter what stage of business you’re at, you’ve probably at some point questioned yourself when there had been uncertainty around the outcomes of situations. You may have even observed and replicated the actions of others in your industry or have had times where you have had to lean into self-trust to make decisions.
Today I will be talking with Jen Hartmann, the CEO of a boutique marketing consultancy. Jen helps startups and global brands increase their visibility, boost website conversions and drive revenue through innovative marketing strategies! Over the past two years, Jen has run a coaching business, an agency, and an e-commerce Store. In this episode, we will be breaking down a bunch of these topics and discussing how they link up with good leadership.
In this episode, we cover…
- How Jen took the plunge from her 9-5 to entrepreneurship
- The key differences between running a coaching business, eCommerce business, and an agency
- Trusting yourself with big decisions
- What makes a good leader
- Dealing with your internal dialogue when it comes to showing up as a leader
“As an entrepreneur and as a leader, you have to take risks. The more risks you take, the more of a tolerance to risk you build, which makes you a much better leader over time. If you were so risk-averse, you are never going to be the best leader that you can possibly be.”
“Being a great leader is knowing when to shut up and just letting people talk. It’s being able to take a step back and close your mouth, let other people in the room contribute to the conversation, or learn how to ask great questions to pull the best out of the people around you.”
“You don’t always have to talk to fill a space in a room. You can let other people contribute. I think that’s what makes a great leader. Also, feedback from your team or your clients is critical. Many people are afraid of that feedback because they’re so afraid it will be negative, which then really hits you in the ego. But as a leader, if you’re a great leader, you’re open to feedback, and you’re open to making changes based on feedback.”
Thanks for listening, and if you like what you’ve heard, feel free to share this episode with your friends! There are so many amazing women waiting to discover the Laptop Lifestyle, and I’d love you to help me spread the word.
Don’t forget to screenshot this episode and share it on your Insta stories to win a free
coaching call with me!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Head over to AmandaKolbye.com for more business tips and resources for the traveling entrepreneurs.
- Subscribe and Listen to The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast
- Review the Laptop Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- The Laptop Lifestyle Bootcamp is opening soon for enrollment! Get on the waitlist right here!
- Find my latest youtube videos HERE
- Check out The Content Kit Mini-Course to get my foolproof system for creating, storing, and organizing your content so you can stop feeling overwhelmed!
- The Instagram Business Blueprint is a great tool for advanced Instagram marketing and sales if you’re ready to level up your IG game!
- Join the retreat Waitlist
LISTEN TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF THE LAPTOP LIFESTYLE PODCAST!